Tuesday, May 6, 2008

You know, I can't remember the last time I woke up at 5:45. I'm sure my boss wonders why I can get up early to vote, but I can't seem to ever get to work on time.

I've never waited so long to vote in R-vegas. In fact, I've never waited. It's usually in and out in 10 minutes or less. Today, however, I spent a good 30 minutes standing there.

I have a story from 6:30 this morning that totally made my day. I got a text from a fellow Rockingham County-er asking for one good reason why he should vote for Pat McCrory over Fred Smith. This is Fred Smth country up here (as I was reminded while putting up my lone McCrory sign amid all the Smith ones), so I jumped at the opportunity. I told him plain and simple, both are conservative, both have good ideas, but Smith can't beat the Dems. I cited the poll that showed McCrory only a few points behind the Dem candidates and Smith almost 20 behind. A few minutes later, he responded:

"That's what I was looking for. Fred, as much as I like him, can't beat Perdue or Moore. And that's why I'll be voting McCrory today."

W00T.

I'm about to go "work the poll" (as LK likes to say) in Bur-Mil, and then it's off to Charlotte for the victory (I hope) party. I'll prolly be doing a voice post later on today just to touch base. VOTE!

Photobucket

(Ron Paul and Pat McCrory *sigh*... the dream ticket!)

No comments: